So you want to attend a camp in your area, but you may not have the funds to pay for the participation fee. Have no fear! We invite you to fundraise for your participation in Riding On Insulin! Here’s how it works:
1. Get registered. Roll over REGISTER on the navigation bar and click on the camp of your choice.
- If registration is open, register your family using the promo code FUNDRAISE4CAMP. You will be required to pay a $50 deposit through the registration. After you’ve finished, come back here and continue to step 2.
- If registration hasn’t been opened for your camp yet, continue to step 2.
2. Get to know the details.
- For all camps beginning in January 2012, the minimum fundraising requirement per participant is equivalent to the camp fee.
- Once you set up your fundraising page, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information to pay the $50 deposit. If you registered for camp and already paid that deposit, we will not charge you that $50 again—we promise!
- Yes, your $50 deposit does not count toward your fundraising goal!
3. Sign up for StayClassy and start raising money! CLICK HERE TO START.
Am I responsible for my fundraising goal once I am registered with StayClassy?
Yes, you are responsible for meeting your fundraising goal—whatever that may be. In terms of financial responsibility, you are financially responsible for the fundraising minimum per participant. If you don’t raise the minimum by 5 business days before the event, your credit card will be charged for the difference between what you raised and what you owe.
How will Riding On Insulin hold me to the fundraising minimum?
Riding On Insulin will charge the remaining amount to the credit card used to make your deposit, roughly five days before the event.
Does the fundraising minimum include my $50 deposit?
No it doesn’t.
What if I want to raise funds for more than one participant. Does the fundraising goal change?
Yes. Each participant needs to have the camp participation fee raised for him or her.
Can I raise funds for participants who don’t have type 1 diabetes?
If those participants are the sibling of someone with type 1 diabetes, then yes!
If I want to raise money for more than one participant, do I need to pay more than one deposit?
No. You only pay one $50 deposit to hold your family’s spots at Riding On Insulin.
How will Riding On Insulin charge my $30 deposit?
If registration is already open for your camp of choice and you’ve gone through that process, you should have selected to pay the minimum $50 there. Or, if registration is not open for your camp of choice, when registering to fundraise on Stay Classy you will be asked to supply your credit card information. Riding On Insulin will charge the $50 deposit to that card within seven business days.
Is my $50 deposit tax deductible?
No, because this money is used to reserve your spot at camp. Because “goods and services” will be received, it disqualifies the $50 from tax deductibility.
What if I’ve already registered and paid in full for participating in Riding On Insulin, but now I want to fundraise. Can I do that?
Yes—of course! After you raise the required minimum, you will be refunded the money you paid for that participant.
What if I’ve already registered and paid in full for participating in Riding On Insulin, but now I want to fundraise. Can I get a refund for what I’ve already paid NOW?
No, not until you meet your fundraising minimum.
What if I’ve already registered and paid in full for participating in Riding On Insulin, and I decide to fundraise. What happens if I don’t meet the required minimum?
Because you have pre-payed the organization for your full participation, you will not be financially liable for your fundraising minimum, but you may not be eligible for a refund. Determining refunds for situations like these are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Email Mollie at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.